3.9.11

Gia on canvas

Two years ago, I decided to try a completely different style in painting. I've always been an impressionist, but realism always intrigued me. I decided to use myself as the subject for this experimentation. It took two years for me to complete the painting, but only because I had to travel a lot. After two years, frustrating over my self-portrait that never ended up looking realistic enough, I finally finished it! The result: A pre-impressionist self-portrait. Funny how I ended back to my old roots! After having to experience such failure, I finally realized that I should only stick to impressionism or post-impressionism. But, hey, it never hurts to try something new! I would have never realized what niche I belonged to without having to experience my failure to fit in another. Lesson: A man's errors are portals of discovery.


No comments:

Post a Comment