3.9.11

Daddy's girl


My dad is probably one of my biggest fans when it comes to painting. He always likes to throw in some suggestions on how I can improve my paintings, even though I don't think he actually has an artistic bone in his body. During my third year in college, I was telling my parents how much I was enjoying my visual arts classes. One day my dad called me saying, "You can shift out of commerce to pursue arts if you want! I'll support you!" I'm pretty sure he wasn't being serious, but I found it quite amusing. I love my dad for appreciating my gift in art, so I decided to make a painting for him.

Before this painting, I was purely an impressionist painter. I knew I had to branch out one day, and I thought this was the perfect opportunity! Needless to say, this was one of the most uncomplicated paintings I've ever done. Surprisingly, my vision for the painting was attained within a matter of days, which is really rare for me. This painting marked the start of Gia's personalized style. Once again, I discovered that you will never find out how things will go without actually doing it. My advice: take the challenge and try something new, because you might discover something you never knew about yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment